Celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Birth of Bahá’u’lláh
So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.Bahá’u’lláh
Two hundred years ago, in the autumn of 1817, a child was born in Persia who would come to be known as Bahá’u’lláh, the bearer of a new message from God that calls on all the peoples on the earth to recognize their common humanity in a world that is rapidly shrinking. God’s new message is the Bahá’i faith.
In October of this year, Bahá’is all over the world will invite friends, family members, neighbours and coworkers to join them in celebrating the bicentenary of the birth of Bahá’u’lláh. The principles of the Bahá’i faith are:
- The oneness of mankind
- Independent investigation of truth
- Harmony of science and religion
- Equality of men and women
- Universal peace upheld by a world spiritual government
- Universal judiciary system
- The common foundation of all religions
- Religion must be the source of unity
- Elimination of prejudice of all kinds
- Universal compulsory education
- Spiritual solution to the economic problems
- Universal auxiliary language
You may find more information on bahaullah.org.
Please save Sunday, 22 October 2017. Details of the local celebration in Vaughan will follow.